[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Dry Tortugas Adventure -- Day 1

Sailor Joe joscook at bellsouth.net
Sat May 14 01:26:02 EDT 2011

I do enjoy these stories about cruising in the R22... Dry Tortugas,
The San Juans, and the Bahamas.  Are there any others somewhere in the
archives?

It's time for me to do some destination sailing.  I like my Rhodes.  I'm
determined to do some kind of destination sailing this autumn somewhere here
in Florida.

My wife doesn't have any interest in overnight or out of sight of land
sailing  in any size boat, so I  have to face the fact that it is going to
be a solo trip.

So, I don't have to worry about trading the Rhodes for a bigger boat.
It would be a lot more cost effective to do a few modifications on the
Rhodes, wouldn't it?  Or am I just going insane?

Any ideas on practical modifications ideas would be welcome.  I'm thinking
jacklines, anchor roller,  etc.
Any ideas on a  temporary cockpit volume reducer? Bulwarks, lifelines, pop
top reinforcement?  Radar detectors, or whatever?