[Rhodes22-list] Where's the holding tank?

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Wed May 25 00:51:03 EDT 2011

Can someone tell me where the holding tank for the marine toilet is located?

I'd like to try to substitute an Airhead composting toilet for the standard marine head in the R22-in-progress. Advantages: no water required, no holding tank, macerater, Y-value, thru-deck or thru-hull openings (except for a mushroom vent). Toilet paper isn't just ok, it's a plus. No need to find pump-out stations or empty the porta-potty, & you end up with free fertilizer for the flower garden.

Figuring out if or how it might be done is up to Stan, who says "We'll try anything once." But I'd still like to apply my head to the problem--if it is a problem. The main difficulty will probably be the height of the unit: about 18" with the lid up (and everyone has to sit to pee with the Airhead).

Has anyone ever tried to make this modification?

2011 R22, Aeolia
Apollo Beach, FL