[Rhodes22-list] re placement tiller for 86 Rhodes 22

DownHill jadoucet at snet.net
Tue May 31 12:13:58 EDT 2011

Replacement rudder results:

The stock tiller from Rudder Craft turned out the be the best fit at the
best price:
http://www.idasailor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=750

I ordered the Style E ($99) tiller L=47", butt W=1.5", h=2.0"
This price is for an unvarnished tiller.   Varnishing adds $20 & a tiller
cover costs $39.  Shipping is $19

The West Marine & Defender tillers were shorter for the required butt
dimensions.  I prefer a longer tiller because it has a better mechanical
advantage when hiking out.  If you are sailing single handed it is nice to
hike out far forward, next to the cabin. I thought the tiller cover was
expensive since I can find an old sun umbrella cover some where in the
house.

Defender had the lowest prices if a short tiller is desired.

Down-hill

DownHill wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Thanks for the pricing info
>
> Down hill
>

> Ken Szczublewski wrote:
>>
>> I just had a similar issue on my 2003 Rhodes....ordered one from Stan for
>> $150 + $35 S&H.  New to the Rhodes list...
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On May 27, 2011, at 7:23 PM, DownHill <jadoucet at snet.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks to all who have replied.
>>>
>>> I have an old WM catalog,  but none of the tillers appeared to be an
>>> exact
>>> match.  I'll check out  the Capri 22 one & also send Stan a note.  I'll