[Rhodes22-list] Miami Boat Show?

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 13 19:14:33 EST 2011

Chris and Alice:  Kathy and I attend the Miami boat show just about every year.  Miami Marina is where the sailboats are set up for "Strictly Sail" and is a nice place to visit with a lot of restaurants and shops to take care of your idle time and cash as you come and go from the show area.   There is a nice Hard Rock Cafe just outside the show for a reasonable lunch and a place to take a break.  (The Miami Beach Convention center hosts the power boats with a few small sailboats thrown in.  The upper floors of the convention center have tons of boat and fishing junk to entertain. Mega yachts abound in several of the Miami area marinas.)  At the Miami Marina there is a mix of new and preowned - mostly new sailboats.  Probably about 100 sailboats on display from small to mega.  Island Packet, Catalina, Hunter, Jeaneau, Hylas, etc. are in the mix as well as catamarans of all sizes and configurations.  Neat place to dream with many boats in the
 size range that you are interested in.  As you enter the show you go through the tents where a lot of sailing gear is on display and where you will find a good number of brokers with pictures and information on used boats.

It is a safe area and in the twenty some odd years we have attended, we have never had a problem.  The Miami show is where we stumbled into Elton and the rest is history:  two R22's over a 16 year period.

We often spend a night or two in Miami when we go down.  Prefer staying at the Hyatt which is a ten to fifteen minute walk to the show - or a quick cab ride.

If we can provide you any additional information,  just shout.

Bob and Kathy  on  R22 "NoKaOi 3"