[Rhodes22-list] Certified Used vs Recycled

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Oct 4 11:46:18 EDT 2011

Clarify with Stan, but I think if you buy certified used, you are
buying a used boat from General Boats. They've looked at, they think
it's sound but that's it. You get the boat as is.

If you buy a recycled boat, General Boats will clean it up, spruce it
up and install options as you want. You'll come to an agreement on
price beforehand that includes those options and General Boats will
perform the work. It's almost like deciding what options you want on
a new boat.

When we bought Fretless we told Stan we want a boat with the interior
with the semi-enclosed head and space for a porta-potty. That was the
base. The boat had the IMF which we weren't sure we wanted but Stan
talked us into trying it and we're glad he did. We also specified,
new sails, the paint color on the hull and cockpit cushions, a
bimini, the style motor lift we wanted and a few other items. There
were other options we could have chosen as well. I think there's a
list somewhere on the website. When the boat was delivered, it looked
like a new boat with the exception of a few surface gelcoat cracks.
It had a structural guarantee (which we never needed) but it was a
nice peace of mind item.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless (recycled 1998)
Rock Hall, MD