[Rhodes22-list] genoa size

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 13:46:37 EDT 2011

If you use a whisker pole, an overhand loop gives you an attachment point a
cow hitch won't.  Otherwise, the cow hitch is the least troublesome.

To tack the 175 genny, just relax and let the sail backwind.  Only uncleat
the tensioned sheet after the bow has come across the wind.

If the genny won't fill in light air, sit to leeward.  The boat heel will
allow the weight of the sail to form enough camber to pull in less than 1
knot apparent.

Rick