[Rhodes22-list] Lake bottoms up

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Oct 18 12:33:34 EDT 2011

Rummy,

I am curious, What do they actually do with the money they collect on the
site and who decides what to do with it?

	Your sponsorship contribution will help us fight
	to save Lake Thurmond, Hartwell, & Lake Russell
	from The Corps mis-management. Choose any sponsorship
	package below by clicking the appropriate button. You
	will be taken to our secure order page.

The website is owned by Lee Builders, Inc.{Beth Antonakos, Lee Builders,
Inc., P.O. Box 519, Lincolnton, GA  30817, (706)359-7256,
www.leebuildersonline.com & www.leebuilders.com}, hardly a 501(c)(3)
charity.  I would think that their motivation is clear.

It seems such a shame that the maintenance of the lake is so uncertain.
Once you buy lakefront property, you have an expectation that it should
remain as such.  Maybe they can use this opportunity to lengthen and repave
the boat ramps.

You're always welcome to come up to the LI Sound.  So far, the water levels
haven't dropped significantly and there is plenty of wind.  The water
temperature is still in the 60s.  October sailing is always exciting.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: R22RumRunner at aol.com Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:57 AM:

Mike,
There is actually an organized group on the lake(s).

_http://www.saveourlakesnow.org/_ (http://www.saveourlakesnow.org/)

Rummy

In a message dated 10/18/2011 9:11:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,