[Rhodes22-list] Lake bottoms up

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Oct 19 08:44:56 EDT 2011

Thanks Fred. I will give it a read.

Rummy

In a message dated 10/18/2011 1:42:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fkaiser2 at gmail.com writes:

Rummy,  there is a new book out about fresh water shortages in the
world.  It  has a part on Atlanta and it's problems getting water
during droughts and  their refusal to provide for their future
requirements. It includes Atlanta  trying to get more water from Lake
Hartwell. Interesting stuff.  The  Big Thirst by Charles Fishman.

Fred

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011  at 1:26 PM,  <R22RumRunner at aol.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>  The corp actually extended several ramps three years ago when the lake
was
> down 23+ feet, but not at the state park around the corner from my  house.
> The  closest extended ramp is more than a half hour drive  away.
> The money we donate to this cause pays for the postage and  printed
> materials they publish. It also buys advertising in the local  media.
When I
> donated they offered a downloadable form for tax  purposes. I'm not sure
what
> there tax status is, but it's a new group.  There is also the Lake
Hartwell
> Owners association which I also belong  to. They aren't as aggressive as
the save
>  our lakes group. They  seem to just go along with whatever the corps
tells
> them.  One of  the biggest problems we will be facing in the near future
is
> Atlanmta  wants to pump water from Hartwell. Atlanta is about 110 miles
away.
> Not enough  water to satisfy everyone's needs from my point  of view.
>
> Rummy
>

> In a message dated  10/18/2011 12:34:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> mweisner at ebsmed.com  writes:
>
> Rummy,
>
> I am curious, What do they  actually do with the money  they collect on
the
> site and who  decides what to do with it?
>
> Your sponsorship contribution will  help us fight
> to  save Lake Thurmond, Hartwell, & Lake  Russell
> from The  Corps mis-management. Choose any  sponsorship
> package below by  clicking the appropriate button.  You
> will be taken to our  secure order page.
>
> The  website is owned by Lee Builders, Inc.{Beth  Antonakos, Lee
Builders,
> Inc., P.O. Box 519, Lincolnton, GA  30817,  (706)359-7256,
> www.leebuildersonline.com &  www.leebuilders.com}, hardly  a 501(c)(3)
> charity.  I would  think that their motivation is  clear.
>
> It seems such a  shame that the maintenance of the lake is so  uncertain.
> Once you  buy lakefront property, you have an expectation that it  should
>  remain as such.  Maybe they can use this opportunity to  lengthen  and
repave
> the boat ramps.
>
> You're always welcome to  come up  to the LI Sound.  So far, the water
levels
> haven't  dropped  significantly and there is plenty of wind.  The  water
> temperature is  still in the 60s.  October sailing is  always exciting.
>
> Mike
> s/v  Shanghai'd Summer  ('81)
> Nissequogue River, NY
>

> From:  R22RumRunner at aol.com Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:57 AM:
>
>  Mike,
> There is actually an organized group on the  lake(s).
>
> _http://www.saveourlakesnow.org/_  (http://www.saveourlakesnow.org/)
>

>  Rummy
>

> In a message dated 10/18/2011 9:11:19 A.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
> mweisner at ebsmed.com  writes:
>
> Rummy,
>
> I thought that your house  move was to eliminate  the  problem of
dependence
> on
>  lake water height.  Didn't you  relocate to a  place known as  Big Water?
> What
> happened?  You need to talk to  those folks in northern  NJ who feel like
> they
> live  in Venice.  Their  streets might  as well be canals.  Talk  about
living
> in a house that is   "underwater" - these people  aren't just upside down
 in
> finances!   Maybe the Corps can  divert the NJ rains to SC  ...  Nah, they
> would  probably drown you guys.
>
> You are  going to protest?  What do you  want?  More rains?   Smarter
Corps

http://www.orgonelab.org/AIBC.htm.

> When the subject is rain,  be   careful what you wish for ...
>
> Mike
> s/v  Shanghai'd Summer   ('81)
> Nissequogue River,  NY
>

> From:    R22RumRunner at aol.com Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:18  AM
>
> Silly  Chris. Rum comes in a bottle. The bigger  the better. I  will be
> spending more time with the bottle since  our lake  level has once again
> been
>
> reduced to a  tad pole pond by the  USACE. Lake Hartwell is  currently
down
> eight
> feet and this  past weekend I removed the  wife's Chaparral and our
SeaDoo