[Rhodes22-list] Curious About Your Rhodes Choice Stories

Craig Bayliss imbayliss at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 10:54:20 EDT 2011

I just bought a 79 last week and very excited about it as it is a move from powerboating.   I've sailed small boats but my father and I have always wanted something bigger to be on for the day and take the rest of the family on.  I looked around online for quite sometime.  Our requirements were shallow draft and shade primarily.  We'll be sailing Rehonoth Bay and Indian River (shallow draft) and we have some redheads in the family that can't spend a full day in the sun.

The R22 not only gave us both of those but everything else a Rhodes has.  I think I've read everything I could find online and have been enjoying these emails as well.  I just picked her up last week and will spend the winter cleaning and making some cosmetic repairs but can't wait to get her in the water.

My main reasons though were the ability to sail with with the Bimini and or top raised, shallow draft, trailerable, motor and the dry ride the Hull provides.  My parents are in their 70's so needed a larger, more sturdy sailboat and I have small children so safety is always a concern.

I couldn't listen to anymore "someday" excuses and we found this for $1200 on Craigslist so couldn't beat the price either.  The rigging alone is worth more than that!

Now I have a lot of learning I have to do and maybe someday will do upgrades.  Another huge selling point is that they are still being made today.

Very excited new owner,
Craig

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android