[Rhodes22-list] Mast light wiring

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 14:47:41 EDT 2011

Lights are one of those glorious inventions that don't care which way you
hook up the wires.

Rummy

In a message dated 10/21/2011 1:41:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jjcampjr at yahoo.com writes:

Hey  everybody (and the rest):

After a disaster with the  mast lowering on my boat in July (of course, not
my fault) {(That's what we  all would say)} I am vexed with the prospect of
rewiring the connection for my  mast light.  Resetting the mast step was
gravy.  But, in the attempt  to rewire the mast-head light, I cannot tell
which lead is hot and which is  ground.  In the fitting, there is a long and a
short lead.  Which  one is hot and which one ground?

Once I have the  battery back in, I can do a process of elimination and
figure it out easily  enough.  However, If someone could clue me in, it would
make the task a  "one and done" event.  My boat is an '87. Any clues?  Muchas
gracias  mis amigos y amigas.  Happy winterizing to all.  Thanks.

Joe  Camp
s/v John Dawson
Hatboro,  PA