[Rhodes22-list] More newbie questions

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Mon Oct 24 01:17:41 EDT 2011

Where on the west coast?

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Rusty Gesner
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:59 PM
To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] More newbie questions

As a prospective/wishful Rhodes 22 owners, we've been mostly lurking and
reading everything you lucky Rhodes owners have been saying, all of which
makes me even more wishful and impatient :)

We might have a chance to pick up one sooner than we anticipated, and have a
few questions:

How much time does it take to raise the mast, rig, and launch?

How much time to haul out and ready for travel?

We'd have to move it from the east coast to the west coast, and would like
some advice and opinions on the most cost efficient way to do so:
Drive round trip and trailer it (takes a LOT of time)?
Ship boat and trailer on a flatbed truck or rail car?
Fly and rent a U-Haul (or whoever) and trailer it back (if U-Haul or whoever
even allows you to haul other than their own trailers?)?

We might store it on east coast and get it here next spring, and might want
to store it indoors, but what is the overall height when on a trailer, under
8 feet?

Thanks for your help, and hope to join you in ownership soon :)