[Rhodes22-list] Bimini

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Oct 26 11:54:16 EDT 2011

David,

I store my bimini on top of the poptop.  It's the most convenient and
out-of-the-way location for me.  Biggest negative is that it makes the
poptop dirty.  I couldn't find a picture of the stored bimini with the boom
down but here's one with the bimini stored:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32725414/At%2BEase%2B054.jpg At+Ease+054.jpg

The lowered boom normally doesn't touch the stored bimini when sailing and
the raised boom normally doesn't touch the deployed bimini when sailing.  If
it does I can raise the end of the boom slightly with the topping lift.

Here's how I store the bimini while sailing with the poptop up:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32725414/IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0399.JPG

In this picture I intentionally lowered the boom to secure the bimini
because I was too lazy to attach the support straps.  I wouldn't recommend
this undersail:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32725414/Sept%2B2010%2B001.jpg Sept+2010+001.jpg

Lee

What do you mean by "up"? We swing our boom to one side to open the bimini,
then swing it back.