[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard lifting mechanism

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Oct 28 08:29:25 EDT 2011

6 screw cap? Yours must be different than ours which has lots more
screws than that. Maybe you have an inspection port? - that would be
nice. Doesn't sound like you had to disassemble the furniture to get
at it. Our centerboard (a "diamond board" as opposed to an older
style board) used to have a pulley system. We eliminated it and ours
is now direct pull. When we got rid of the pulley, we had the
furniture disassembled and the centerboard cap off. We did have a
tiny inspection port with a rubber plug that was pretty useless. We
glassed over that. Several years ago our marina had the boat up on
the lift for bottom painting and we replaced the pennant then.

The direct pull pennant works fine on our board.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD