[Rhodes22-list] Solar Cell Replacement/Charger

Alton Miller al_shell at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Oct 29 21:32:04 EDT 2011

Hello All,

Mishka, our 2001 Rhodes, has been on her trailer far too long.
Fortunately, I have had the Rhodes list to keep me engaged!  I am now
working on her project list and have a target date of late summer next
year to be sailing again.

I have many questions but power and wiring are first on the list.

The solar panels have been in the weather since we bought her from Stan
and likely need to be replaced.  I wonder if anyone can tell me what
make/wattage the solar panels are that Stan provides as original
equipment. And where they can be had.  Does GB sell them?  Cost?  Maybe
they don't need to be replaced?

Also, has anyone had experience with any solar cell charger/controllers
on the market.  I understand that they keep a battery better charged for
longer life.

Thanks in advance,

Al
s/v Mishka 01