[Rhodes22-list] Glag I hauled

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Thu Sep 1 12:49:27 EDT 2011

Unfortunately when the power went out the station stopped reporting to the
web site.

Pretty much a constant wind 35mph plus with lots of periods up to 55.

5.8 in of rain though up to 9 in the area.

No storm surge.. Was amazed that there was no shore debries .

20 trees recently planted did have to be straightened..

Mary Lou Troy-2 wrote:

> We've had some heavy rain bands come through and a few gusts probably
> into the 30s.
>
> List member Rory Orkin has a weather station facing the Choptank
> River about 30 miles south of here. I'm watching it because it does a
> better job monitoring wind than our local weather station which is
> pretty sheltered.
>
> Here's the link to Rory's station:
> http://www.tilghmanweather.com/
>
> Tolchester Beach is just north of here. It has tide graph which is
> handy too. (Winds are somewhat sheltered from the East)
> http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/plotcomp.shtml?station_info=8573364+Tolchester+Beach,+MD
>
> We just watch the cornfield across the street. Right now it's
> standing pretty straight so not too much wind. We also watch the
> drainage ditch along the side of the house. It's got some water in it
> which agrees with our rain guage - probably an inch and a quarter so
> far. We got a phone call from our electric company yesterday saying
> be prepared for a lengthy outage. I think we are.
>
> Stay safe everyone. Report in when you can.
>
> Mary Lou
> 1991 R22 Fretless
> Rock Hall, MD
>

> At 01:49 PM 8/27/2011, you wrote:
>>Thanks for the updates Elle. Anyone else out there with a report?
>>
>>Rummy
>>

>>In a message dated 8/27/2011 12:44:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>>watermusic38 at yahoo.com writes:
>>
>>HAha...I  think I meant 'glad'..Neighbors dock across the creek (about 75
>>yds away ) is  now under water...mine has about a ft to go....lotsa &
lotsa
>>rain coming  down, but the full storm won't be in for a few  hours....

>>Beer is good....people are  crazy
>>

>>1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06
>>"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}

-----