[Rhodes22-list] Mast Step Popped

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Sep 13 10:28:38 EDT 2011

Rick,
Yes, you want to use something that will shear off.  I believe 3M 4200 is the preferred product.  You want something that can be disassembled (i.e., will break loose) if need be.  If you think about it, you only want the screws and adhesive to keep the mast step stationary while there is some horizontal force on it when the mast is first raised.  - rob

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=21590&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10104&subdeptNum=10325&classNum=10327