[Rhodes22-list] Mystery Part

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Sep 19 17:47:29 EDT 2011

Hi Joe,

The mystery part was most likely the car that rode in the lower portion of
the mast track that connected to the front of the pop-top.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Joe Camp"  Monday, September 19, 2011 5:35 PM
Hi all:

Here's the scoop: While stepping down my mast in late July, I lost an
unknown part. I had gotten the lines off the boom and raised it up against
the mast. made it fast with a bungee. Suddenly, something metal came
clanging down (I believe from high up on the stern end of the mast) hit the
deck with a "boing" like a tuning fork and then took the deep-six. I have
not had time to closely inspect the boat since then and cannot (given my
limited experience with the R-22) figure out what part this might have been.

I would appreciate any informed speculation from the saltier among you what
the hell I lost, so I can replace it and sail in the spring. I have spent
sleepless hours envisioning the rigging on the boom and looking at pictures.
Save me!

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Hatboro, PA