[Rhodes22-list] Mystery Part

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 09:40:28 EDT 2011

Thanks All:

Great advice, as usual.  I am leaning toward the tang at the end of the mainsail.  That would explain the "boing" (or, was it a "ping") sound when it hit the deck.  I have to get up to the boat (berthed in a parking space at a storage facility nearby) and examine all of those possibilities.  I have already checked the spreaders; everything is there on both sides.  I believed I had everything secure when I hoisted the boom to the mast.  But, "when you assume, you make as ass... everybody knows the rest.  So, I suppose this event sees the proof of that time-worn axiom.  ttfn.

Joe