[Rhodes22-list] Carl's Bahama (Mis?) Adventure 2011

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Thu Sep 29 00:29:01 EDT 2011

Eloquently said Bill.

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Wickman, William E
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:41 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Carl's Bahama (Mis?) Adventure 2011

Got 'em.  Most excellent.  Reading it gave me flashbacks from my trip.  I
can especially relate to that night crossing.  I remember dozing off to
sleep somewhere in the middle of the Gulf Stream, having left instuctions to
my intrepid crew to wake me if anything didn't look right.  Then, feeling a
gentle shake I open my eyes to see Joe, my son's best friend, bathed in
"night vision" red light saying, "Mr. Wickman, I think you should take a
look at these lights that seem to be getting close."  Still groggy, I rub my
eyes and behold a most confusing array of lights.

"Whoa! What the hell is that!"  Ship lights at night are one of the most
confusing things one will ever encounter at sea.  Some sort of AIS would be
really nice out there.

On the plus side, there is nothing quite so magical as watching the
phosphorus dancing in the waves cast by your little vessel as you transit
across the Stream to unknown adventure.  It is hypnotic.

Bill W.
s/v Fina Lee