[Rhodes22-list] Holes in the Hull and Brown Recluse Spiders

Rob Granger rgranger at sbc.edu
Sun Apr 15 16:01:40 EDT 2012

Hello List

I finally got the bottom of my project Rhodes completely clean down to bare
white gel coat (whats left of it) and I took some great pictures using my
phone.  I need to patch a few spots, fill in a few voids and gouges etc.  I
took pictures of those items too....  then I stepped on my phone and
demolished it.    Arghhh.....  So I was feeling rather unlucky.

Anyway.  I found a fews spot that the P.O. had slapped some bondo onto the
hull.  Yes he slapped the bondo over ablating bottom paint.  Its a wonder
this boat was still afloat...   One of the bondo "patches" was hiding a
crack in the hull that goes all the way through...  so I cut it out in
preparation of a proper patch.  Unfortunately the hole in the hull goes
under the cockpit.  Not an easy place to work on and it is full of 40 year
old foam.  I was planning to get the hull bottom done before I started on
the interior.... but I had to start pulling out the  galley so I can get to
this hole so I can start the patch.  Anyway....  I made the acquaintance of
a brown recluse spider under the galley.  Luckily I saw it before it had a
chance to bite me....... and considered myself one lucky guy.  More than
makes up for the cell phone.

Today I fogged the boat!!!!!!!!  Tomorrow I might fog it again!

In case you do not know what a brown recluse spider is... please look up
the image on the internet...  You don't want to get bit by one of these.

The other Rob