[Rhodes22-list] Standing Rigging

labsailor bbocholis at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 23 21:28:48 EDT 2012

Am replacing the standing rigging on my 1976 Rhodes. My forestay with the old
style furler which still works fine by the way was previously just a bit
long making it hard to get the mast in a perfect (or close to) position. I'm
a bit worried about ordering the rigging already with swaged fittings and
getting it too long again. My question is "has anyone done the rigging
themselves with mechanical fittings and felt that it was as strong and safe
and the swaged fittings. I know it is supposed to be perhaps even superior
to swaged fittings but I'm a little skeptical. If I do this myself I could
get exactly the lengths I need. Is there supposed to be any turnbuckle
adjustment on that forestay? I don't think there is room for an adjuster,
but thought I'd ask.