[Rhodes22-list] Launched Ozone Ouch!

Cover-Man cover-man at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 21:44:26 EDT 2012

Hey guy,

Everyone has some rocky days.  I have sometimes found motor and rudder at cross-purposes, especially if I want to be in a hurry.  Just work at being slow and deliberate, always watching for the potential "escape" from danger.

The labored rudder control has me stumped.  Be mindful of the position of the rudder blade.  If not vertical and fully down it will become tough.  If you let it be in the near-horizontal position, steerage will be nearly impossible.  This may have been the issue.  Of course, if the blade is not fully down, it will compete with the prop, and it will lose the contest...

If you send a picture of the transom from in back, I may be able to suggest a simple rudder to motor linkage.  The sailing season is young!

Best to you,

Art

Have a nice day!