[Rhodes22-list] PITA et al. S(supplemental)

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 16:56:29 EDT 2012

     I went to the boat today and learned that the storm that came through was a whopper.  It blew boats over, tore up anchors and cast their boats against the shore.  I also learned that it tore out my companionway hatch.  That is now on the bottom... someplace.  We got over an inch of water in 30 minutes.  Marina old timers claim that nothing like this has hit in memory.

     The boat is a wreck.  It was blown onto it's port side and stayed there, stuck in the muddy bottom.  Crew had a tough time getting the mast off the bottom.  One guy said that he saw her facing into the wind bucking like a bronco, with her bow dipping deep into the water with every wave.  Time to call Stan for a new hatch.  However, I will look into all of the issues mentioned.  I have only a 6 hp motor, and the heaviest thing in my laz is the anchor, which never made it to the bow this season. I believe that this shift in weight from front to back has effected my ability to point well.  Thanks everybody.

Retirement sucks!
Joe Camp