[Rhodes22-list] loose chainplate

jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net
Sun Aug 5 19:31:07 EDT 2012

John, I had the same problem and was disappointed to learn the chain
plate is a piece of SS bent at a 90 degree, screwed to the cabin top
and fiber glassed into the top. I was advised there should be very
little stress on the lower shrouds. I had the original chain plates
removed and 3/16" SS straps secured to the side of my cabin with
reinforced fiber glass the bolts pass through to the inside of the
cabin.
JIm J

Quoting jtraveler at charter.net: