[Rhodes22-list] Advise me

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Aug 21 20:50:19 EDT 2012

I think any small relatively unballasted boat would be more at risk
on a mooring. Our boats also have a fair amount of windage with the
IMF and the flared hull. In a strong wind the poptops are probably
also a liability unless well secured. I've never felt unsafe at
anchor and we've been anchored in some pretty high winds but they
were of short duration and our anchorages are typically more
protected than most mooring fields.

Somewhere I saw it noted that with the warming climate, the world is
a windier place. That certainly seems true here on the Chesapeake
(though not today).

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD