[Rhodes22-list] cockpit tent

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 00:06:04 EDT 2012

For the mosquito netting in light to medium winds, my girlfriend created this and I sent the following to Joe Williams offline-

Like a canopy bed, this netting, inexpensive from Bed, Bath & Beyond, has a small brass ring in the center of maybe 10' of length all the way around and an 18" hoop a couple feet down from there spreading the netting wider, fishing weights every couple of feet hang a foot or so over the gunwales. I have a snap shackle on one of  my two halyards (boom raised against the mast with the topping lift), raising the canopy about eight to nine feet above the cockpit floor. There's room to move, little wind resistance, use the cockpit table, and anything else for this living space with no interference. Davis Instruments has a Megalight, 12 VDC, with some 15' of wiring to plug in to the socket outlet in the galley that hangs in the center for great, low voltage lighting for the cockpit. Stores easily and launches fairly easily.

Jay Friedland
s/v Wanderlust