[Rhodes22-list] Cold Weather Sailing

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Dec 12 15:58:59 EST 2012

Couple of concerns to think about.

Cold water survival - good thread on that on the Trailer Sailor
Bulletin Board last week after some capsized a small boat in cool
water. Includes some good links to other sites:
http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/trailersailor/index.cgi/read/853111

Also, if you are getting freezing nights you'll need to think about
winterizing the water system on the boat and winterizing the outboard.

IF you sail in cold weather another thing to remember is that you
will probably be the only one out there. You need to think extreme
self reliance in case something goes wrong.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD