[Rhodes22-list] Hello from new r22 owner in midwest

redneckyc steverayj at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 14:39:59 EST 2012

She's a 1977 which is newer than the other boats I've owned. Has the
primitive roller furler where you have to lower mast to remove sail (hoping
I can work around that with spare halyards, messenger line etc). I had never
heard of this model before seeing her sitting there. Previous owner directed
me to website which was pretty amazing that still being built and
refurbished. Found it most interesting that they went with a tiny cabin but
with floor (wood not a good choice) and huge cockpit. In fact cockpit is
larger than I've seen on some 27's. The pop top is a cool design, way better
than on the Venture 22 I used to have. I am excited to see how she will sail
given the longish keel - should track pretty well I would think. Only things
that look a bit funny to me is design of the cockpit drain and the windows
that would seem to direct water inside at a downward angle. Looking forward
to spring.