[Rhodes22-list] FW: Miami Report

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Feb 20 17:49:18 EST 2012

Art,

 10,000 lbs isn't that much for towing. my father in law towed a 10,000 lb
RV with a 5th wheel for 20 yrs to Florida and back to Pgh. and had few
problems. He stopped at age  81 because his wife is to ill to travel any
more not because of the trailer. A GMC 2500 series with the right set up
could tow that easily.
You could pull over in a truck stop climb up a ladder into the boat pull the
ladder up and stay the night comfortably. AT 10' 6" beam you might need
those "wide load" signs but that is it. My concern would be cranking up that
telephone pole of a mast, but again you just need the proper tools. As for
launching and recovering a boat is a boat, get it centered on the trailer
right and it's no big deal. I will admit it looks huge out of the water. But
so did the Rhodes the first time I towed it. I found these picts.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33360157/gallery32d-21.jpg
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33360157/gallery32d-18.jpg

John S