[Rhodes22-list] Adjustable Blocks next to winches

Slim Chance slimsails at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:43:38 EST 2012

Hi Austin. My Doyle main sail has a stripe stitched in that angels up from
the clew of the sail (the rear corner). A good starting point in setting
the jib sheet angel is to adjust so the sheet is in a direct line with the
stripe. If you don't have the stripe, set the block all the way aft when
using all the main sail. Then the more you reef in, the more you move the
block forward. The same goes for the inboard jib sheet tracks that are up
on the deck next to the cabin wall, if your boat is so-equipped. Use those
tracks when you're sailing upwind and deeply reefed.  Hope that helps.
Slim