[Rhodes22-list] Floor Boards

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Fri Jan 6 15:13:00 EST 2012

The floor boards in my boat are a bit spongy and the small center panel that
is located directly over the center board trunk has cracked.  The original
material is 1/2" thick HardieBacker® 500 Board that is available in 3'x5'
sheets.
http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner/products_backerboard_halfInch.shtml
The adjacent floor board has a cut out for the table base hardware and while
it has not yet cracked it feels a bit spongy.  The HardieBacker seems like a
good product because of its mold resistant quality and is relatively
inexpensive.  I plan to purchase a new sheet of board to replace both the
small failed area and the adjacent spongy piece.  Does anyone recomend an
alternate material and should I consider some sort of reinforcing strips to
glue to the underside to the new boards to make them stiffer?  What is a
good source and material for carpet replacement?