[Rhodes22-list] Floor Boards

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sat Jan 7 14:52:23 EST 2012

Lee: Marble might be a bit on the heavy side.  I am on my boat, nice 60ish
degree weather, too bad it's not in the water.  I took apart the floor
boards and sketched up the existing pattern to cut new 3/4" boards from
marrine plywood that I will coat with several thin layers of poly.  I have a
couple of questions.  Why did Stan use 7 boards (see enclosed sketch A, B,
C, D, E, F, G).  I think it's probably  because the hardboard comes in 3'x5'
sheets.  The marine plywood will be a 4'x8' sheet and I think it would be
better to install five boards (see enclosed sketch A, B, C, D, E) but I want
to make sure I am not missing anything.  Another minor issue is that the
1/2" hardboards are actually 3/8" and will be replaced with 3/4" wood
pushing the wood centerboard enclosure up slightly.  I can either live with
a slight slope or cut down the wood centerboard enclosure 1/4".  Any
thoughts or input on the board pattern would be appreciated.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33099750/Image%2B4.jpg Image+4.jpg

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33099750/Image%2B1.jpg Image+1.jpg
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33099750/Image.jpg Image.jpg
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33099750/Image%2B3.jpg Image+3.jpg