[Rhodes22-list] source for insect netting

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jan 12 09:44:35 EST 2012

Hi Rob,
I once used chain in a mosquito companionway cover on our Com-Pac. It
works well if the chain is heavy enough to resist the sail effect in
a light breeze - the chain I used wasn't and the netting would blow
over the edge of the hatch whenever the breeze kicked up. Of course,
you also want to make sure the chain won't rust.

Last I looked (quite a while ago actually), mosquito netting was
available from the Defender and Sailrite catalogs. It pays to look
around. There are many different widths, meshes and prices when I
looked. I seem to remember someone years ago finding a patio umbrella
cover large enough to drape over the bimini and (I think) the raised pop-top.

Best,
Mary Lou