[Rhodes22-list] Opening port cover dimensions?

Ellner Rod ellnerrod at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:55:58 EST 2012

Rob,

When I had my covers made I used two large cable tie type plastic strips (30"), cut to length. Gardner Bender is the brand name.This large size is used to secure soft round furnace ducts. These act as a battan to create a wind scoop when the inner snaps are being used.  I used Sunbrella material.  I measured center to center from snap to snap.Don't forget to measure the diagonal measurements. Cut the plastic ties to fit a little inside of the bottom snaps.My covers are 8-10 years old no sun damage. Add a little extra to the measurements to insure they won't be too tight. Check with the canvas person.  Mine work fine.

Rod E