[Rhodes22-list] Chain plate

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 07:18:30 EST 2012

Thanks.  It looks like some caulk came out of the small joint where the chain plate is loose from the cover plate.  If the chainplates are toggles then wiggling would occur.  I will just squirt in some 3m 5200 and call it a day.
With regards to the electric motor.  I was looking at the cockpit drain through hull.  That looks like a perfect mounting hole for those electric drives designed to be through hull mounted.  It would be a simple matter to re-route the cockpit drain.
A hybrid electric drive, small diesel generator in aft compartment and agm batteries( mounted behind the v berth floatation foam) would be a real possibility!