[Rhodes22-list] remote outboard motor controls

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Jan 29 23:12:51 EST 2012

There's a description of our set-up here:
http://www.rhodes22.org/blew_skies/remote.html
The pictures are of an early version of the set-up. We've since put
the controls on a nicely varnished board. We were always going to
shorten the table leg support but never did. It's not quite as
ungainly as it looks and we can leave the controls in place at anchor
even if we are using the table. The whole assembly can be removed and
stored under the seat when sailing and replaced quickly if needed.

When our Honda outboard died, we switched to a Yamaha 8 electric
start. The mechanic was able to reuse the Honda controller and our
cables. Recently we seem to have had some issues with the cables
binding and we are thinking after 10 years that it may be time to
replace the cables.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD