[Rhodes22-list] The magic of Oz

Sling daysails at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 13:39:18 EDT 2012

The Magic of Oz
     If you subscribe to Chesapeake Bay Magazine there is an article in this
July issue about "my" other boat, Oz, a Prout Catamaran.  Unfortunately
there is no on-line edition of the article.  Here is the lead in to the
article.  The Magic of Oz » "Time to sell the boat," folks said of Andy
Degen’s catamaran Oz, after her husband passed away in 2004. But instead of
selling, new friends joined her in maintaining, sailing and loving Oz. By
Jane Meneely.   I am part of the crew that shows up to keep Oz sailing.  I
haven't read the article yet but understand that I have my "15 minutes of
fame".  I learned a lot working on this boat over the years but the major
lesson was to buy a Rhodes 22 that doesn't require a dedicated crew to show
up in order to maintain and sail.    Come to think of it we do have our  own
dedicated crew.  Someone should do an article about the virtual community
that keeps our Rhodes 22 maintained and sailing.  Thanks to those who
respond with their expertise and experience and allow us to continue to
enjoy the magic of our own boats.  Joe Riley s/v Second Wind