[Rhodes22-list] I'm Wet! (no sex)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 07:12:15 EDT 2012

Rummy doesn't believe that so much water could come in through the ports,
and he may be right given his long experience with the boat's design; but I
think that at least some did.

I based my opinion on several points that were mentioned. The amount of
water: I know how much water it takes to raise the water above the cabin
floor.  I found out when I layed Rum Runner on her side with the mast in the
water. It  took several minutes, probably two to three minutes to right her. I
had about  four inches of water above the floor which we pumped out. Having
things  thrown about the cabin was also a good clue. When layed over,
everything in the cabin including cushions are thrown  about. You are talking
about thirty to fifty gallons of water. That much water  isn't coming through
the ports. That's not to say they don't leak and it's also  likely that some
of the water came in under the pop top with that kind of  wind. Speaking of
wind, it looks like it's going to be a windy and hot day on  Lake Hartwell.
Time to go sailing.

Rummy