[Rhodes22-list] I'm Wet! (sex optional))

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 09:54:21 EDT 2012

Dennis,
Apparently your hull sits in the water different than mine. When it rains I
 get very little if any water going to the two stern drains. My boat is bow
heavy  (by design, batteries and water tank) and all the water travels to
the  centerboard pennant hole. What can't go down there simply overflows and
goes  into the cockpit where it drains from there. I've known a couple of
owners that  have drilled holes in their port and starboard cockpit seats near
the cabin  bulkhead and attached drains to facilitate drainage. Without the
drain and  hose the water would go through the hole and then run along the
bottom of the  seat and drip into the cabin.
I'm thinking you have a heavy (100 pounds) four stroke motor, electric
start which means you have a battery in the lazerette plus the fuel tank. Stan
has stated many times on the list that the R22 is supposed to be bow heavy
for  increased pointing ability and speed. Try moving more weight forward to
 eliminate the drainage problem and water in the lazerette.

Rummy

In a message dated 7/7/2012 10:17:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,