[Rhodes22-list] Leaky chainlocker plug

pfletcher patrick.d.fletcher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 03:46:22 EDT 2012

Over the last few months (new 2012 Rhodes 22 owner- hi!), I've found my chain
locker has a fair amount of water in it. When I pry out the cover, it has
some scooge (moss? algae? who knows?) in the socket. This may be due to my
climate- Seattle rain and flora and all- but what can I do to seal this up?

I've used some silicone caulk to try to shore this up, but I'd really rather
replace the access panel with something threaded that's easier to open- not
so classy to have to raid the silverware drawer for two knives to pry open
that plug when it's time to drop anchor! The local boat stores don't have an
access port this small- anyone have an idea as to what can be used to better
plug that hole?