[Rhodes22-list] The draught continues.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 06:12:26 EDT 2012

Shawn,
It's a complicated mess that never seems to get resolved. They are working
with rules developed even before the lake was filled in 1962. The other
problem  is the revolving door of Army Corp of engineers commanders. Every two
years they  change commanders and we're back to square one. Water rights are
a huge problem,  but what everyone seems to forget is that before the dams
and lakes were  constructed, the only water that went down stream was the
water in the basin  from rain. No rain, no water downstream. Now they want to
keep a continuous  stream of water at all costs. It's very frustrating for
property owners and  shouldn't be that hard to manage. I've lived on other
non USACE reservoirs and  the lake levels never varied more than a few inches.

Rummy

In a message dated 7/10/2012 7:41:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,