[Rhodes22-list] I'm wet (with a twist)

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jul 12 23:20:55 EDT 2012

Hmm. No rain, not much wind or did you have rain up there? If not....
What do you have for through hulls? Check the aft cockpit drain. The
tube for it goes through the lazarette. Check your sink drain
fittings though that is above water and only ships water on a heel
(water will get into the boat if the drain hose is loose and the boat
heels). The only other culprit that I can think of is the centerboard
housing but if you haven't had it apart recently and it didn't leak
before, it's unlikely to leak now. I suppose it's possible that water
is still running into the low spot from when you got swamped.

Good luck in tracking it down.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD