[Rhodes22-list] jersey shore

Robert Baldi rob.o.baldi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:57:11 EDT 2012

Lynn

Where on the Jersey shore? Several people sail in the bay off of Long Beach
Island. Winds are regularly 10 mph + , and there are lot's of shallow
areas. Some form of Depth meter is good and you need to decide how big your
genoa/jib should be. Last year I bought new sails and bought a smaller jib
because my larger jib was regularly reefed (furled down) -  I  mostly do
solo sailing and now prefer the 135 to my previous larger jib.I also enjoy
speed and big air - the boat has more control with the smaller jib and it
is just as fast but less awkward.

rob

--
Robert O. Baldi