[Rhodes22-list] Solar panel inquiry

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:43:14 EDT 2012

OK Charles, you have just proved that no 2 Rhodes22's are alike.  You
used the plural "panels" again.  So I assume 2.  We don't know how
they are wired.  If you have two batteries and 2 panels they might
have wired one panel to each battery....or not.  You need to physical
disconnect all the wires on the positive side of your batteries.
Then, one by one, check the voltage between each of those formerly
postive wires (hopefully many red) and the negative side of the
battery (leave all those hooked up).  When you find the one(s) with
positive voltage, you have found your solar panel connection (the
postive one).  And that will also tell us the open circuit voltage of
your solar panel. Your previous measure of 14.5 with the battery in
line is very good, good news for that panel.  Don't do this in the
dark.  Rum won't help.  If you find the positive wire, then you can
one by one check the negative ones to find which one is your panel,
but you might not care about the returns.  They all just need to
remain connected.

-PBR