[Rhodes22-list] Solar Cell Replacement/Charger

Charles Nieman blue66corvette at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 11:22:33 EDT 2012

AlLast year you posted that you were going to replace your solar panels. I have a 98 Rhodes and it seems it is time to replace my solar panels. There was discussion about a controller to prevent overcharging the batteries. I cannot find where Stan installed a controller nor can I find the wire coming from the panels to the batteries.

I was wondering what you found when you replaced your panels and how you went about rerunning the wiring. Did you use the old wire to pull the new wire or did you splice the new wire to the existing wire near the panel. Where did you mount the charge controller (I'm guessing that you purchased and installed one)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Charles
98R22
s/v Daydream