[Rhodes22-list] older rhodes jib furler

Jim Terry xcropduster at live.com
Sun Jun 24 18:19:03 EDT 2012

I have recently purchased a 1988 rhodes 22. The jib sail was removed from the furling tube and I would like to put it back on the tube. The sail has a pocket for the furling tube to be inserted into. On the top of the tube there is a screw and washer that probably holds the top of the jib sail to the tube through a grommet in the sail. The bottom of the furling tube does not have a hole to insert a screw. The bottom of the jib sail does have a grommet. About three fourths of an inch up from the bottom of the furling tube there is a disc of about four and a half inch diameter with two holes in it. One hole is about five eights inch diameter and the other hole is about three sixteenths inch diameter. I don't understand how the bottom of the jib is to be attached and I also don't know the purpose of the holes in the disc at the bottom of the furling tube. I can send photographs to clarify. A photo or explanation of this set up will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Jim