[Rhodes22-list] older rhodes jib furler

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:15:41 EDT 2012

Jim,

Mine is an 89 and I have this photo that should help.  The line begins
inside the tube with a knot at the end then loops up to attach to the
sail tab (not sure what to call it).  At the top, mine had a screw
through a similar tab/strap and did not use the grommet. The bearing
surface is the black disk riding on a small round washer/stop swaged
on to the wire rope just above the fork terminal.  At least I think it
was swaged on, I don't have the boat here handy.  The black piece is
in two pieces, half circles, each held with two screws into the white
part.  On mine, the
hole through the center was wearing out larger and out-of-round so I
have replaced it with some home made junk.

-Patrick.