[Rhodes22-list] IMF Boom Fixture Question

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jun 26 10:11:11 EDT 2012

Charlie:  Thanks, especially since I don't know the difference between a
fairlead and a Genoa track block.  One of the biggest problems with the
descriptions below is the 70 degree point-of-sail.  Just a small change
makes a huge difference and my point-of-sail wouldn't stay consistent in
each description.

Shawn:  Here's a picture of the Genoa sheets ran outside the shrouds (actual
blue sheet) and inside the shrouds and mast (virtual red sheets).

http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n43516/At_Ease_-_Sheet_Tracks.JPG
At_Ease_-_Sheet_Tracks.JPG

I have a friend who owns a Freedom32 with a stayless mast.  No shrouds get
in the way and he can tighten or loosen the sheets as much as he wants.  If
we keep our sheets outside the outer stays we can't pull our Genoa in very
close to the center of the boat, making it difficult to go very far into the
wind.

Don't know if this helps or I'm just making it more confusing.

Lee