[Rhodes22-list] Dogs on boats--Nails?

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Fri Mar 9 22:28:13 EST 2012

A really lovely shepherd I had died last year & I've been postponing finding a new dog. One question I've had is: do a large dog's nails do damage to the gelcoat or deck (traction) coat?

I have a great little long-haired Chiuhuahua-Papillon mix I found at animal rescue for my mother (who died in 2006). 100% dog. Not a drop of squeaky-toy blood in his veins. To my amazement, Carlos loves sailing.