[Rhodes22-list] Outboard To Tiller Link

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Mar 16 10:49:34 EDT 2012

Ron,

I call it the tiller/motor link.  Don't know if these pictures will help
much:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33517638/At%2BEase%2B017.jpg At+Ease+017.jpg

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33517638/Sept%2B2010%2B010.jpg Sept+2010+010.jpg

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33517638/Sept%2B2010%2B011.jpg Sept+2010+011.jpg

The blue line wrapped around the connector on the tiller is for the rudder
and has nothing to do with the connector—it’s just the way I store the line.

Any bar (wood, plastic, metal) that connects the tiller to the motor would
work.  Both ends need to be able to pivot a little and you’ll want the bar
to be level so you may need to build-up one side (motor or tiller) with
blocks, but you probably would need to do that if you bought the connector
from Stan.

If you zoom in on the pictures where the tiller is connected it looks like
the tiller side can slide back and forth.  It doesn’t when in operation—a
pin keeps it in place.  You can remove the pin and slide the bar for storage
but I don’t, so for me it’s not really necessary.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD

What do you call that piece that connects the outboard with the tiller so
they both track together with the movement of the tiller?

Are they difficult to install by yourself?  What is involved in installing
one.

Ron